How to choose web hosting
Selecting your target hosting type
First selecting your target hosting type. In fact there are 3 hosting types, 1)shared hosting 2) VPS hosting 3) Dedicated hosting . I would suggest select shared
hosting if your daily traffic below 3000 visits. If your daily limits exceeds this better consider any of the options 2 or 3.
Evaluate your budget
Comparing another type of hosting shared hosting is the cheapest one as you share the resources of a single machine with other users. This is kind of sharing accommodation.
Once you decided your budget and expected traffic, you can go with any of the above options. Do not worry at any point of time you can upgrade to higher specs.
When selecting a host, you’d better go for a provider can give top level service and price.
Estimate the server resources
After considering the budget you have to calculate your bandwidth and average disk space.
Generally, web hosts claim they offer unlimited bandwidth, but it’s the case of fair usage. Once you exceed the fair usage amount it will negatively impact your operations.
Some server companies even shut down your website for this reason or penalties.
Checking the add-on services and offers
Different web hosts may offer different add-ons or extra benefits. You can consider them and choose the web host based on your needs.However, the following listed features are highly recommended.
If you find a web host offering them, you can give it a prior consideration.
- Web host offers advanced programming languages like PHP, Ruby on Rails, Shell (SSH) Access, SSL, Perl, Python, MySQL
- The company provides at least 30 days money back guarantee
- The service provider offers the cPanel control panel, with which you can easily manage domain name, websites, email, files, and databases, etc
- The web host offers a free domain name
- The web host offers regular backup on a daily basis, with which you can restore your site normally with the backup files once your site has been hacked by malicious intruders, and some valuable data has been deleted or destroyed.
Check the support system
One of the necessary thing to do when searching for web host. Do check properly about the support of the host. Everyone might encounter some technical problem ranging small to big.
The most basic and commonly used support methods are hotline, ticket system, e-mail, live chat, and Q&A section.
Top 3 shared hosting services
To learn more, visit http://www.bluehost.com
To learn more, visit http://www.inmotionhosting.com
To learn more, visit http://www.hostmonster.com