How to Use Pathauto in Drupal 8
The Pathauto module automatically generates URL/path aliases for various kinds of content (nodes, taxonomy terms, users) without requiring the user to manually specify the path alias. It is a brilliant module that helping the site builders to adjust their URL patterns as per their requirement.
But now its little bit confusing for those who come from Drupal 7, the config screen and options are changed a bit. Don’t worry this tutorial demonstrates how to use Pathauto properly in Drupal 8.
Step #1. Install the required modules.
Step #2. Configure the Pathauto patterns
- Go to Configuration > URL aliases > Patterns.
- Click “Add Pathauto pattern”.
- Select the Pattern Type
- Add your path pattern to the textbox, you can browse available tokens for the pattern. When you click on that click on that, it will popup the available options. In this example, i just used the [node:title] pattern. So the URL will be http://yourdomaincom/node-title
- Select your content type from Content Type dropdown
- Label is the identification of the pattern
Step #3. Configure the Pathauto patterns
You can start building your content, do not forget to tick the Generate automatic alias option.